Sunday 14 September 2014

OH NO!

I know that they had been sitting there for ages,
 I know that there were a few flies around them,
I know that the wasps were loving them,
 I know that they were becoming a bit smelly,
I know that there were two many for me to deal with just now,
but did 'The Old Grump' have to 
THROW THEM AWAY.




I had good intentions, but the best laid plans don't always come to fruition.
At least I don't have to worry about them sitting there anymore. 
 There are just as many still hanging on the tree.
The apple pie and crumble apples are still hanging on the other tree.
They did all house at least one worm, so no one else wanted them and their condition had deteriorated quite considerably from when the photo was taken.
 YES, I'll forgive him for putting them in the bin.

9 comments:

  1. Oh no.....glad to hear there is more where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's more, hopefully I'll be able to use them. :o)

      Delete
  2. I juice mine and freeze the juice. Crumble is my favourite pudding, Apple, blackberry and apple, plum, I love them all. Isn't this a wonderful; time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite time of year, Kath. Yes, I think I will have to get the juicer out of the cupboard. :o)

      Delete
    2. Hello Kath,
      I like rhubarb crumble but can't say so as
      I'm on Doohie's 'naughty step' after leaving a comment here. ;-o
      http://doohie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/moth.html
      I was going to tell her that windfalls make good cider.;-)

      Delete
  3. Hope it was the compost bin,not the garbage bin!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The council takes our garden rubbish away for composting, but we're not allowed to put windfalls in it. Our own compost bin is overflowing so I'm afraid, yes, they're on their way to landfill. :o(

      Delete
  4. I'm a chutney maker. It's very forgiving of less-than-perfect fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chutney AJ, but sourcing all those jars? I'm sure I'll have some stashed away somewhere, but it may mean braving the spiders in the loft. :o)

    ReplyDelete