Jacket potatoes wrapped in foil and cooked in the fire.
Pie and peas.
Yorkshire Parkin made by Grandma.
Dad nearly burning the house down. Well not quite, but I think things nearly got out of hand. He had a load of old wood delivered from somewhere for the bonfire and some of it had grease or oil on it. It caused quite a blaze. Mum was panicking because she thought the kitchen windows were going to crack. Small fires were starting up all over the garden, caused by flying sparks and I remember Dad running around with a bucket of water and a stirrup pump, putting them out.
Safer at an organized display, but not as much fun.